Saturday, September 12, 2009

Goooooooaaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!


Today was the first of many Saturday's at the soccer complex. From 8:30 to 1:00, I watched my two little guys score some goals (not always on their team's goal), inhale snow cones, and get thoroughly drenched from sweat (nice....them and myself). I don't know the first thing about soccer, but have the feeling that I am going to learn fast. Thanks to all the grandparents who showed up to support the boys. You guys are awesome!

Sam started off his first game with a goal.....only a minute into the game. He was really proud of himself, I could see that (I can't believe I just did that!!!) face....priceless.

Luke is lightning fast and really tries....and was so excited when he scored a goal....but pretty heartbroken when he realized it was for the other team! I could see the slump in his shoulders and was preparing myself for the crying about to unleash, but he held it together (he is very competitive) and went on with trying his best. I was extremely proud of him!!



I am sitting in the sun and soaked through, but have the biggest smile on my face....I realize that the boys are learning life long lessons in what it takes to have humility, learn teamwork, and not always have things go the way you want. I am looking at my hubby who is coaching one son's team and reffing the other son's team, who is also soaked through and is graciously giving up his last bottled water to a parched 5 year old....and I realize what a good man and dad he is! There are alot of other things that need to be done these Saturday mornings, but there is nothing more important than spending time with my guys....the yard work, laundry, cleaning can wait!!! I may need another snow cone!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I wish I could have been there to see them. These are going to be lifelong memories for them.

Nicole Gilles said...

How cool! I wish we had made it more of a priority to get the boys out there. What a good family effort!