Monday, June 15, 2009

Be Still and Know that I am God

What sweet memories were made this weekend at our church family camp. The boys were literally running everywhere they went...I was trying to catch up in flipflops.


After talking about fishing for two days and practicing their casts into the grass at home.......the long awaited TEN MINUTES of fishing was all that could catch their attention when they saw the paddle boats go by and they HAD to go on them!!

I have memories on this exact swing when I was 4 and 5 years old (pictures to prove it too). I have been coming to this camp for 34 years and now I get to bring my boys. Thank you, Travis, for knowing how important this is to me and for making it important for you too!






Too much activity...you would think he was sleeping in the afternoon here, but no this was about 10:30 in the morning...does that tell you anything about the activity level?
This is how Luke was absorbing the words of wisdom imparted from our good friend Ben who was the speaker at camp....maybe upside-down brings it to the heart faster??...if you see me sitting upside-down in church next week.........
Going up the mountain into God's creation is always so refreshing, it allows me to put everything else aside it this crazy life and focus on the real reason we were put on this earth...to praise the Lord and be with Him. Be still........

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Your boys are so cute! We miss those fun times. Maybe next year? So glad you had a great time.

Nicole Gilles said...

The picture of the boys fishing is classic. Camp looked like a ton of fun! I really love the fact that they are doing all the same things you did as a child...that is so nostalgic.